Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
You will complete the prewriting stages of the rhetorical analysis essay, utiliz
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
You will complete the prewriting stages of the rhetorical analysis essay, utilizing all that’s been learned in Unit 3 and 4.
Students will choose (one) from the 5 essays/speeches under Unit 4’s readings and resources (John Krasinski’s 2019 Commencement Speech, Texting Ruins Students’ Grammar Skills by Scott Warnock, No, You Don’t Need to Go to Holiday Parties If You Feel Lonely by Neha Gajwani, Does Recycling Actually Conserve or Preserve Things? by Samantha MacBride or Michelle Obama’s 2020 Commencement Speech) and complete the following for prewriting:
• Read and annotate the essay or speech.
• Complete a 150-250 word summary of the essay or speech.
• Below your summary, in one sentence (which will become your thesis eventually), write what you believe the author or speaker’s overall message/ argument is, and whether the author or speaker was effective, some-what effective or in-effective at delivering this message.
• Compile 3 lists, labeled ethos, pathos and logos, and provide specific examples from the text categorizing them, like you have practiced in Unit 3.
• Taking this a bit further in this unit, you will also explain why each specific example you provide is exemplifying ethos, pathos or logos.
• Lastly, describe the rhetorical situation, audience and Kairos you see in this essay or speech, including if you see a balanced rhetorical triangle, or if one specific appeal stood out as the strongest.
88 Open Essays, (pg. 290-300)